2. See as much of this huge wide world as you possibly can. Experience different cultures. Hang out with locals at dive bars. Eat lots of ethnic food. Travel long and far enough to forget what day it is.
3. Cultivate an intimate relationship with music. Find music that makes your heart spill open and then dance until your back is wet with sweat and your face is stained with tears.
4. Dance as much as you can. In times of agony and chaos, dance. Alone in your apartment, dance. When nobody else in on the dance floor, dance. Let this be your movement meditation.
5. Spend time outside every day. Especially if you're depressed or anxious. Breathe in the fresh air. Feel the sunshine on your face. Notice colors and light. Notice scents and sounds. Pick a flower and put it in your hair.
6. A bonfire is always a good idea. Toss on a hoodie, Throw your hair back in a ponytail. Don't bother with any make-up. Definitely indulge in s'mores.
7. Find a healthy balance with food. Let food be your fuel and your medicine but also allow yourself to thoroughly enjoy what's delicious. Have that plate of pasta. Eat a burrito the size of your face. Enjoy a large piece of cake or a gooey brownie and not just a sliver.
8. Sloppy drunk is never attractive. Period.
9. Find a signature drink. It doesn't have to be fancy. Maybe it's a toasty microbrew or a tequila sunrise with organic orange juice. Just find a cocktail that feels so quintessentially YOU and drink with class and moderation.
10. View your life as a daring adventure.
"Tell me, what is you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"
11. We accept the love we think we deserve. Choose a partner who makes you feel magical and free. Because you are magic. You're a miracle.
12. There is healthy love and unhealthy love. You'll know the difference because unhealthy love feels desperate and frantic. Healthy love feels safe and it gets better and more passionate over time.
13. When you're having a terrible day, peel off all your clothes and climb into bed. Take a very long nap. Sleep so hard you drool on your pillow. Then, take an excessively long hot shower. Repeat if necessary.
14. Secret naps are the best. Power your phone off. Don't just put it on vibrate. Sometimes a little escape from the world is golden.
15. Your heart will break. It will hurt so badly that you'll find it difficult to continue breathing in and out. Trust that time heals all wounds. "You learn and you learn. With every goodbye, you learn."
16. Oh my goodness, get a dog. Absolutely get a dog, Everybody deserves to be loved like that. Nobody will ever be more excited to see you. You'll have the most loyal best friend who will kiss your tears away and make you laugh out loud every day.
17. Read. Read a lot. Find books that thrill you, inspire you and make you feel understood.