Dinner with preschoolers and toddlers can be hectic at best and harrowing at worst. It's tempting to abandon the practice of coming together at the dinner table each night. However, a true MOTY knows that the key is simply embracing the scene. This acceptance can take many forms such as cookies for supper, a strict "no speaking by anyone for any reason" rule, or adult beverages for Mommy and Daddy. Here, you see a typical dinner at my house.
- Midgie is sitting on the table, rather than in her high chair. Let toddlers feel safe and secure, and the whole family will be happier.
- Midgie is wearing just a T-shirt, diaper and Spongebob backpack. Removing extra layers at the table makes for easier cleanup.
- Midgie is "drinking" by dipping a knife into a Guinness pint glass and licking the knife. Water consumption is important, mamas!
- Henry is eating a chips and salsa lunchable whilst smashing ravioli into the table. Give kids options, and they'll take more interest in mealtime.
- Iris has left the table. Sometimes the whole gang is simply too much. No one knows this better than MOTY.